Web/Software Developer: Open till Monday, December 7, 2020, at 1:00 PM Nairobi Responsibilities
Since we provide all our writing services online, our business relies on intuitive, appealing, and user-friendly web interfaces and software systems. These systems help us manage almost all of our operations. They allow our customers, writers, and customer care agents to interact with each other effectively.
We are looking for one additional member to our web/software development team. The successful candidate will develop and maintain new systems that the company plans to build and deploy and/or components of existing software whose functionality the company plans to modify and/or extend.
Education and Skills
? A diploma or degree in any field. A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in computer science or a related field is an added advantage.
? Excellent software development skills. Proven experience working with general-purpose programming languages such as C and C++ is necessary.
? Excellent knowledge and experience working with the Structured Query Language (SQL) and any relational database management system (RDBMS; e.g., MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle Database) is essential.
? Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems is a necessary skill for this vacancy. The successful candidate must be able to develop and deploy systems on either of the two platforms. Experience developing and deploying applications in CentOS and/or Debian Linux servers is an added advantage.
? Excellent knowledge of software development principles and paradigms is a key requirement for this position. It is not enough for your code to run; the ability to write neat, readable, easy-to-understand, maintainable, and extensible code that is also efficient is an important requirement.
? Good knowledge of formal software development concepts, techniques, and terms is required. The successful candidate must have the ability to develop a system based on a software requirements specification and architectural document. As such, they must understand algorithms, flowcharts, use cases, models, et cetera, that may be contained in such a document.
? Great in mathematics.
? Excellent problem-solving skills.
? The successful candidate should possess a highly logical, investigative, and analytical mind.
? Proactive and self-motivated. We are not seeking to recruit someone we will supervise as they work; instead, we are interested in an individual who will work under minimal supervision, with little or no follow up; an individual with a passion for web and software development; an individual who will do what needs to be done within a reasonable timeframe.
? A fast learner. Willingness and ability to research, learn, and apply new ideas quickly is extremely vital.
? The successful candidate must be able to work in small and large teams.
Availability of Position
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please take the timed Web/Software Developer test whose link is provided below on Monday, December 7, 2020, at 1:00 PM East African Time (EAT). However, applicants are advised to register on our exam system immediately, so they do not waste valuable time registering on the system once the test kicks off at 1:00 PM. Instead, they will follow the link for the timed Web/Software Developer test, log in, and start taking the test.
Test Link: https://test.sharkswebservices.com/candidate?exam=10
1. The interval of time between 1:00 and 2:05 PM EAT on Monday, December 7, 2020, will be the exam period. The test will only be accessible during the exam period. You can start taking the test any time within the exam period, but you must submit the test within 1 hour and before 2:05 PM EAT (both conditions must be met). The system will allow you to submit the test late, but we will not evaluate late submissions.
2. You must load the test link provided above to log in and access the test during the exam period. You cannot access the test by directly logging into the exam system.
3. All applications for this position must begin by taking the test. Applicants must not apply through other means, for instance, by sending application emails to [email protected]
4. Applicants must not register on the exam system multiple times (even when applying for more than one position) or supply false information during registration.
5. If you encounter any challenges with our test system, please email us at [email protected] (this email address is manned by the technical team, whose only role is to help with technical issues; they may not respond to HR queries).
6. Although applicants can use a mobile phone device to take the test, we recommend using a desktop computer (PC) for an enhanced view.
7. If you do not meet the requirements stipulated above, please do not apply.
8. We always endeavor to contact all candidates who attempt our HR tests. However, when the volume of applications is overwhelming, we only contact shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us two months after taking the test, consider your application unsuccessful.
Thank you for your time and interest in working with us Nairobi Kenya
Web/Software Developer: Open till Monday, December 7, 2020, at 1:00 PM Nairobi Sharks Web Services Limited Nairobi