Jr. Power Bi Developer Consultant Nairobi Jr. PowerBI Developer Consultant
PSI Digital Health and Monitoring
Who we are
Were Population Services International (PSI), the worlds leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 PSIers around the world. Its a motley group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Partner with us!
PSIs Innovations and Evidence Hub is looking for a passionate PowerBI Developer Consultant to join our growing team on a multi-country initiative focused on leveraging mobile technology to better engage with PSIs target audience. The ideal candidate must have a knack for finding insight in sprawling data sets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic... opportunities the organization. The right person for the consultancy will be obsessed with finding hidden truths and deep insights in data, and be comfortable challenging internal assumptions and authority.
The PowerBI Developer Consultant will work closely with program managers to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. The right person for the role will apply their strong knowledge of data analysis to solving real-world problems faced by our organization and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects.
Sound like something you would be interested in? Read on.
The consultant will: Interpret data, analyze results, and identify trends in complex data sets using statistical techniques Synthesize data from primary or secondary data sources Develop analytical models to turn data into actionable, real-time insights Build engaging data visualizations and dashboards to help managers rapidly isolate insights and Work with management develop analyses, visualizations, and reports in accordance with business and information needs Identify new process improvement opportunities
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly ambitious individual a passion for data science, data visualization, and health and willing and able to learn by doing in a demanding position. In particular, we are looking for;
· 3-4 years of advanced data analysis and visualization experience, preferably working with projects with a strong technology component
· Bachelors in data science, information management statistics, mathematics, analytics, economics, computer science, or related field
· Very strong data visualization skills, preferably in PowerBI, Tableau, or MongoCharts
· Strong knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R, STATA, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
· Familiar with data formats (XML, CSV, JSON, etc)
· Experience in relational databases, including SQL, Postgres, or similar, and non-relational databases such as MongoDB
· Experience building analytical models
· Proficient in Google analytics and social media analytics
· Very comfortable challenging authority and internal assumptions, and analyzing internal data through the eyes of an external competitor
· Very strong personal integrity
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Strong business analysis skills
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Highly organized and a self-starter
What would get us excited?
· Experience in public health, marketing, or working for a development agency
· Fluent in French, Portuguese, or Spanish
· Experience with machine learning and deep learning techniques
All applicants must be based in Kenya with permission to work. PSI will not provide work permits. This is a consultant position Nairobi Kenya
Jr. Power Bi Developer Consultant Nairobi Population Services International Nairobi