Project Manager Irbid Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental organization working in more than 40 countries in the fields of nutrition, food security and livelihoods, water sanitation and hygiene, and care practices. ACF is looking for its program in Jordan for Project Manager (Food Security & Livelihood , Mental Health and Psycho-social Support)
Work place: Irbid town, with movements to other Action Against Hunger sites in Irbid, Jerash, Mafraq and Zarqa governorates
To lead and oversee the quality, relevant, results-based implementation of FSL/MHPSS (Mental Health and Psycho-social Support) project in Irbid, Jerash, Mafraq and Zarqa governorates for Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanian households in conformity with Action Against Hunger strategies, international standards, and national policies.
1) Contribute to deliberations on strategy and the positioning of the FSL and support of the MHPSS Departments Actively partake in ongoing... systematic, and thorough analysis of the humanitarian and development situation with respect to FSL with integrated MHPSS, and of the context of intervention; Disseminate internally information gathered and its analysis to the Field Coordinator, FSL HoD, MHPSS HoD, and other staff as relevant Take part in the determination and realisation of FSL standalone and integrated strategy in northern Jordan, and contribute to programme strategy development at national level, with integrated input from MHPSS Set up projects in a manner consistent with the Action Against Hunger Charter, Action Against Hunger International strategic framework, policies and guidelines of FSL/MHPSSand other Action Against Hunger sectors of expertise, national strategic and other legal texts produced by ministers responsible for the FSL sector, and key international documents in the sector (SPHERE Standards, Core Humanitarian Standard, etc.) Ensure that the Project FSL team has a clear understanding of the aforementioned frameworks, guidelines, policies, and related documents Support the Deputy PM (MHPSS) in supervising the MHPSS team, and assist in facilitating their workflow Participate, as and when necessary, in the development of the FSL section of operational plans (emergency response, gender mainstreaming, etc.) Promote integration of FSL/MHPSS concepts, approaches, interventions, or priorities with other Action Against Hunger sectors, in collaboration with the FSL HoD, MHPSS HoD and Field Coordinator Research, promote, advance, and raise awareness around cross-cutting issues that affect FSL initiatives (gender, environment, diversity and inclusion, etc.)
2) Identify needs and contribute to project design and development processes Identify humanitarian needs in the field of FSL/MHPSS and in Irbid, including the submission of reports pertaining to such matters Initiate and foster the meaningful participation of target populations and local actors in the identification of needs and approaches for responding to them Participate in defining FSL/MHPSS standalone and integrated projects Contribute to the drafting of the contextual and FSL-related sections of project proposals
3) Set up, implement, and report on FSL/MHPSS project Set up the FSL/MHPSS project in northern Jordan, taking into account the logical framework of the project, the budget, and the logistical and administrative procedures of Action Against Hunger and the related donor Support DPM (MHPSS) in the set up of activities in CBOs and PHCs, and in coordination with line ministries. Establish and maintain the quality of the projects established in conformity with the technical and project management standards of Action Against Hunger Become familiar with all dimensions of the FSL/MHPSS project: the issues involved, mainstreaming plans, the logical framework and indicators; retain printed copies of all contractual programmatic documents as per donor regulations and Action Against Hunger good practices; share all such information with the team to ensure inter-departmental understanding of and participation in project implementation Identify the technical constraints associated with project implementation; propose innovative technical solutions in response to such constraints Implement technical recommendations concerning the project as made by the FSL and MHPSS HoDs, Technical Advisors at Headquarters, Experts, Evaluators, or other colleagues Supervise project implementation by means of internal Activity Progress Report (APR) monitoring tools, external donor reports, regular presence in the field, maintenance of an implementation timeline, and monthly review of the budget and supply plan Maintain the profile of Action Against Hunger at all project sites while respecting donor visibility rules and commitments Work proactively to meet deadlines on FSL/MHPSS commitments, both internal and external, relating to the project or country-wide FSL/MHPSS initiatives Identify and implement safety measures for both the project team and the wider population (at building sites, community-based sites, etc.) Lead by example as an active contributor to advancing Action Against Hungers gender mainstreaming efforts and gender equitable approach through the implementation of the project
4) Contribute to the quality, accountability, and impact measurement process for FSL/MHPSS standalone and integrated programming Promote and take part in the evaluation of the impact of FSL/MHPSS projects through a process proportionate to the scope of work (learning review, internal evaluation, external evaluation, impact evaluation, etc.) Promote and contribute to learning and improvement of quality (joint visits, research initiatives, lessons learnt exercises and reporting, etc.) Implement feedback and complaints procedures for ethics and transparency, particularly with the intent of ensuring participation of and organisational responsiveness to beneficiary populations Ensure that baseline, mid-line and end-line data is collected using methodologies relevant to project activities
5) Participate in the coordination, representation, and partnerships of Action Against Hunger Coordinate activities with other sectors and departments of Action Against Hunger in order to ensure rational and responsible use of resources and optimum integration Participate in visits by donors whenever requested by the Country Director, Deputy Country Director of Programmes, and / or the Field Coordinator Represent Action Against Hunger and ensure coordination with partners, authorities, United Nations agencies and civil society actors in the project areas, in collaboration with the Field Coordinators Contribute to the process of selecting partners and service providers, formalising partnerships and service agreements, and enhancing their capabilities (cooperatives, community-based organisations, local NGOs, international NGOs, national authorities, private agencies, etc.) Reinforce the FSL-related capabilities of partners
6) Contribute to cultivating institutional knowledge, capturing lessons learnt, and technical development in FSL Capture lessons learnt from programme-related data, document the results of innovations or new implementation modalities tested, and create recommendations based on experience with project execution Disseminate the technical and operational expertise acquired in the course of programming Contribute to the upward transmission of data from the field so as to better inform Action Against Hungers strategies, programme development, and communications
7) Supervise and manage the project team Initiate and lead as recruiting manager the staffing of the project team Manage the project team: provide leadership, monitoring, motivation; establish, follow, and encourage adherence to best practices in performance management Lead the development of team members to empower them with the skills necessary to demonstrate ownership of their role and associated responsibilities
8) Fulfil general responsibilities and contribute to broader Action Against Hunger Jordan operational quality and consistency Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive information at all times Perform other job related tasks as requested by the supervisor Commit to and comply with the organisations gender, age, and diversity principles and policies (working with people, communication) Support on the implementation and the promotion of gender, age and diversity principles through daily activities and / or through the management of teams (managing performance and development) Commit to comply with the organization principles, values, procedures and policies.
Skills Proven ability to work independently under pressure with tight deadlines Flexible and able to adapt quickly to fast pace complex dynamics Excellent communicator with exceptional English writing and reporting skills, displaying a familiarity with sector-related terminology Diplomatic but firm approach to obtain buy-in and contributions from a range of staff involved in proposal and report production Pragmatic and results oriented, creative and out-of-the-box thinker Analytical and logical thinking; extremely detail oriented yet able to connect the dots Strong representation and negotiation skills desired Strong computer and communication equipment skills Excellent intercultural, interpersonal, organisational, prioritising, and communication skills Autonomous, resourceful, very organised, and self-motivated Tactful, professional and transparent Demonstrable commitment to gender equity Able to identify creative approaches to navigating the humanitarian-development nexus Solution-oriented working style Firm understanding of Do No Harm approach Willingness to travel within Jordan
University degree or equivalent in international development, economics, or related field complemented by significant experience in resilience/livelihood-related field
Professional experience requested: At least 4 years of experience in humanitarian and / or development programming on food security and livelihoods or related NGO role At least 2 years of field-based experience in the same or similar position required Experience working in developing and urban contexts Good knowledge of common livelihoods and economic development approaches, and cash based interventions Experience working with private sector, entrepreneurship, and SMEs desired Protection or MHPSS field related experience or trainings desired Experience with proposal and log frame development, as well as reporting, for a variety of donors Action Against Hunger experience is a plus but not mandatory
English (excellent) and Arabic (excellent) required
Action Against Hunger is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Action Against Hunger has zero-tolerance for bribery, corruption or abuse of power in any form. If you suspect or find yourself in a related situation during your interaction with Action Against Hunger, immediately contact the organizations management through the following address:
Please note that any application submitted through the abuse report address will not be considered.