Enumerator Baghdad About Heartland Alliance International
Heartland Alliance Internationals (HAI) mission is to secure the rights and well-being of marginalized people and communities. HAI envisions a world in which those whose rights have been violated are safe and empowered to actively engage in their communities and be at the forefront of social change. In Iraq, HAI provides holistic services focusing on psychosocial support, legal aid, violence prevention, livelihoods strengthening, and social cohesion to diverse vulnerable populations.
About the position
HAI seeks enumerator consultants to collect data for a research study conducted in collaboration with the Iraqi Alliance of Disability Organizations (IADO). This study is supported by the ELRHA Humanitarian Assistance Fund (HIF), and is called: Breaking barriers: A mixed-method study of barriers to inclusion and strategies to improve access to gender-based violence humanitarian programming faced by older people and people with disabilities in... Iraq.
HAI is recruiting 2 enumerators in Baghdad, Enumerators will conduct interviews and focus group discussions with people with disabilities and older people, their family members, providers of gender-based violence services, and community leaders. The aim of the study is to better understand the barriers faced by older people and people with disabilities in using services for gender based violence. The research aims to make these services more inclusive and easier to access for people who are older or have disabilities.
Enumerators will be employed for approximately one month from mid-January to mid-February 2021. Enumerators will be required to travel to Sulaymaniyah for a 6-day training workshop in mid-January. The travel will be paid for by the research project. Next, enumerators will collect data for approximately three weeks in their home location (Baghdad)
HAI will provide reasonable accommodations for enumerators with disabilities, and preference will be given to applicants with disabilities. Data collectors will be provided with masks and hand gel and HAI will follow all safety guidelines for Covid-19.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Attend training workshop
· Attend a 6-day training workshop in Sulaymaniyah to learn data collection procedures and help to develop research materials
· Visit or phone households in target communities to recruit participants
· Explain the research to potential participants and ask for their agreement to participate
· Conduct individual surveys using electronic data collection tools
· Conduct focus group discussions and take detailed notes
· Ensure excellent documentation and organization of data
· Adhere to all research study data guidelines
· Comply with all company policies and procedures
· Comply with all Covid-19 safety precautions
Administrative assistance to research project
· Provide additional assistance to implementing the research project, including coordinating and facilitating events as required
· Ensure compliance with HAI and donor requirements
· Coordinate with other HAI staff and implementing partners, as needed
· Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor Baghdad Iraq
Enumerator Baghdad Heartland Alliance International Baghdad