Head of Corporate Relations India Gurugram Where you fit In
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too not only to keep up with the external pace but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shells reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
What's the role?
Purpose of Role: Drive delivery of an integrated Corporate Relations function in India, creating and protecting value, pursuing strategic ambitions, and growing Shells reputation. The Head of Corporate Relations in India is expected to be a trusted advisor and help the Group to thrive in the energy transition, supporting sectoral decarbonization, enabling and... strengthening Shell's license to operate and delivering Shell's world-class investment case in India.
Lead the Corporate Relations team in India to support the businesses, assets, and projects including through alignment from the agreed dashboard Responsible and accountable for the preparation and delivery of Country Reputation Plan Effectively manage advocacy priorities including related to sectoral decarbonisation agenda in the country Understand and influence the opportunities, challenges, trends, issues, and non-technical risks through sensing and active engagements including governments, media, industry players, civil society groups, academics, and other opinion leaders (represent Shell externally as appropriate, for example, on industry bodies and committees, or in discussions with government) Ensure the deployment of effective internal communications and engagement programmes and activities to drive internal alignment and strategic change Communicate Shells capabilities, achievements, products/services, and thought leadership to build trust with partners, customers, and other stakeholders in India as well as provide counsel around performance, behaviour, and communications Ensure effective issues and crisis management action plan; Champions Safety, Ethics, and Compliance, ensuring adequate support and training for all in-country CR team members Develop people and functional capability in-country, maintain and grow talent management plan Accountable for all external interfaces/relationships with governments, media, think tanks, industry, non-profit groups, universities, community stakeholders and leads integrated functional delivery for Shells advocacy and reputation in India Social, reputational and political opportunities and risks are assessed at an early stage and appropriate plans put in place across India Able to integrate and collaborate across boundaries to maximise value for Shell as a whole in India Leads by example with a deep personal commitment to always do the right thing
What we need from you
· Thorough knowledge of relevant energy or industry policymaking process and thought leadership platforms that can impact Shells aspiration in India
· Extensive experience in a mix of corporate communications, government business, and public affairs/strategic communications consultancy
· Experience in Issues Management and Crisis Management level-headed in a crisis
· Experience in leading teams and managing people with a diverse background
· Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills. Able to articulate a vision and build support for that vision in the wider team and organization
· Ability to self-start and direct efforts based on high-level business objectives
· Excellent collaboration and leadership skills with the ability to coach and develop teams to meet new challenges
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and presentation skills Gurugram Haryana India
Head of Corporate Relations India Gurugram Shell Gurugram