Member of Technical Staff Bengaluru The Elevator Pitch : Why would I enjoy this new opportunity ?
This role is going to give you solid exposure and experience in delivering the next big transformation for VMWare which is going to move us to more SaaS driven business model. Among the 4 FY22 priority defined by our CEO is Cloud & modernization of application and other being SaaS. The work we will be delivering is focused around SaaS feature enablement in CPQ and we will be doing on top of VMWare on VMWare platform. You will get to learn / experience these platforms, ability to deploy and monitor via WaveFront , so on.
This role also does not restrict your imaginative skills and let you share ideas which will make the solution more customer focused and drives innovation, embedded instrumentations which can fuel analytical insights.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
· Actively participate and work with business analysts and business teams to understand and document technical requirements for projects, enhancements/ features and integrations
· Design and develop applications using Middleware, unstructured DB, Java, J2EE stack
· Write/consume webservices using REST
· Write and execute unit tests cases for the developed functionalities and automate using RPA such as UiPath, AA, so on.
· Research newer technical capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide gap analysis
· Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
· Ability to work in a global cross-functional environment to help support and enhance business systems
· Ability to plan and execute tasks in a structured manner
· Able to work, collaborate and contribute in a team environment
· Excellent analytical and quantitative skills or experience
· Logical/Perceptive, problem solving, detail oriented, solution oriented
· Follow set processes. Find gaps and suggest improvements.
· Independent self motivated, ability to learn on the job
· Able to generate innovative ideas, solutions.
· Research opportunities to leverage VMWare technologies
Explain the vision for this role ; what is the primary need, technical challenge or most significant problem you are hiring someone to solve ?
The current domain (handling perpetual software flow) needs to scale to SaaS, perpetual and Perpetual + Hosted and more such emerging business models. Solutions are often static and resulting in limited flexibility. So the challenge involve designing more headless solutions , API driven integrations and providing solid compatibility across various integrations layers and frameworks. So, the person hiring should be fast learner , quick in thinking, ok to attempt and learn from the outcomes and come up with better alternatives, design to scale and challenge the status Quo and not just a task taker.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com. Employee Stock Purchase Plan Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types Generous Time Off Programs 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.) Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries ?
?????? : Engineering and Technology ??????: Software Engineering ???: Manager and Professional ?????/??????: Full Time ????: No ???: 2020-11-17
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape whats possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law Bengaluru Karnataka India
Member of Technical Staff Bengaluru VMware Bengaluru