Technical Officer Public Outreach & Advocacy For SP4N-LAPOR Jakarta
United Nations Development Programme
Technical Officer Public Outreach & Advocacy for SP4N-LAPOR Jakarta Background
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
On 20 September 2011, Indonesia, as one of the 8 founding governments formally launched the Open Government Partnership (OGP), endorsed the Open Government Declaration, and announced its national action plan. Following the launch of OGP, President Yudhoyono established an online G2C system (LAPOR) that supports the national public service compliant management system (SP4N) under the coordination of the Presidents Delivery Unit for Development Monitoring and Oversight (UKP4) in 2012... LAPOR is an online citizen complaints management system, and was designed to increase public participation in the supervision of programs and government performance as well as the provision of public services. LAPOR is an integrated online system that is easily accessible through various online platforms including 1) text messaging 1708 (based on Indonesias Independence day on 17 August), 2) mobile application (LAPOR!) on Android and Blackberry IOS still under development, (3) the internet (www.lapor.go.id), 4) Facebook (facebook.com/LayananPengaduanOnlineRakyat), 4) Twitter (@LAPOR1708 or #LAPOR), 5) YouTube (@LAPOR1708), and 6) Instagram (@LAPOR1708).
Through these online platforms, citizens can submit their petitions and complaints to uncover issues internally or in-service provision in highlighting existing challenges. KemenPAN is the responsible agency for the management of daily operations and administration of LAPOR. Up until March 2017, LAPOR had attracted more than 560,000 users and continues to receive, on average, 800 daily reports through the platform. To this end, LAPOR has become the forerunner of national integrated complaints management systems.
Currently, under President Joko Widodo (Jokowi), LAPOR is still a cornerstone for complaints handling with KemenPAN, KSP, and ORI as the national partners of the system. In 2016, LAPOR was defined as the National Public Service Complaints Management System (SP4N: Sistem Pengelolaan Pengaduan Pelayanan Publik Nasional) based on KemenPAN No.3/2015 which led to the Presidential Regulation No.76/2013 on the management of public complaints within public services. Together, KemenPAN, ORI, and KSP manage LAPOR after the signing of Joint Memorandum of Understanding in March 2016 on the utilization of LAPOR as SP4N.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Indonesia is initiating a new programme with the Korean International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) to support the Government of Indonesia in strengthening the capacity of government to handle civil petitions that can improve public service provision over time. In doing so, UNDP and KOICA will establish a tripartite collaboration with the Ministry of Administrative and Bureaucratic Reforms (Kemenpan) to develop a comprehensive and integrated national strategy on the public service complaint management system. This joint collaboration is also intended to capacitate respective agencies responsible for the management and operation of LAPOR.
Under the supervision of the UNDP Programme Manager and working closely with outreach and advocacy officer and Project Managers, the Technical Officer supports the Programme Manager/Head of Unit in the development and management of the UNDP in SP4N-LAPOR! Project. The main role of the Officer is to provide key guidance to project managers and other relevant stakeholders, support new partnerships with development partners and the private sector to strengthen the SP4N-LAPOR programme, while also assisting the programme manager in managing the implementation of the programme by providing project assurance and technical assistance to projects when required as well as conducting overall monitoring and other relevant operational functions.
The technical officer will supervise some relevant project teams and work in close collaboration with programme and operations units in the CO, technical advisors, experts, Government officials, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society to successfully implement the UNDP programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the Programme Manager in providing strategic inputs for the design and implementation of programmes/ projects. In consultation with the Programme Manager, the technical officer is expected to Provide inputs and strategic recommendations for the development of SP4N-LAPOR project in line with UNDPs Country Programme and support to SP4N-LAPOR area. Provide policy advice and technical support to the design and implementation of SP4N-LAPOR project in the portfolio through consultation with the Government, donors, UN agencies, NGOs/CSOs and other partners. Support the formulation exercise by facilitating engagement with stakeholders, inputs from relevant advisors and consultants, and proper preparation of SP4N-LAPOR project document in line with UNDPs procedures. Assist in conducting analyses of the SP4N-LAPOR project to assess its effectiveness in contributing to the intended outcomes, and develop strategies to address identified weaknesses. In close consultation with the relevant outcome board(s), identify areas for support and intervention within the outcome areas assigned and any need for outcome level revisions that may be necessary to maintain UNDPs relevance within the context of the countrys evolving development situation. Support the implementation of capacity development strategies to enhance the quality and impact of programmes/projects under his/her supervision. Ensures gender-related economic, environmental, public research and analysis, to contribute to the formulation of policies, programme interventions, procedures, guidelines and tools
2. Support to the management of the project/programme, including ensuring effective quality assurance and oversight, and application of Results Based Management across the portfolio Provide support to the effective management of large and strategic national and regional programmes and projects. Ensure effective application of RBM tools and project monitoring and evaluation procedures and guidelines to promote achievement of outcome level results. This includes technical support to the financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects using quarterly monitoring reports (QMRs) and Internal Project Assurance Reports (IPAR) as delegated by Programme Manager In collaboration with the project team, provide support in the development of project annual workplans, including detailed plans for procurement and recruitment of goods and services. Support NPM in monitoring SP4N-LAPOR project to ensure they are progressing according to plan and assist project authorities to problem-solve and implement corrective measures. Support NPM in overseeing all stages of project management, including initiation of the project, presentation of the project to the Project Appraisal Committee, entering project data into UNDPs Enterprise Resource Planning system (Atlas), finalization of donor contribution agreements, coordination of project and budget revisions, and closure of projects based on corporate procedures. Ensure proper follow up on audit recommendations. Assist in the preparation of project reports for donors. To make sure implementation of gender equality accountability framework and Gender equality Results Based management at project level i.e. performance management, gender marker assignment in web-based system ATLAS, reporting, etc.
3. Assist the Programme Manager in creating strategic partnerships, including public outreach and advocacy, and in the implementation of a resource mobilization strategy related to specific high-priority projects Assist in maintaining strategic partnerships with key development partners in government agencies and public outreach such as in private sector, civil society, academia and community at large to garner the resources and support required for an effective portfolio. Provision of support in strengthening cooperation with key government stakeholders and public outreach. Advocate and engage community at large on the mandates of SP4N-LAPOR project by involving them in the projects activities. Support the communication of the SP4N-LAPOR project in order to facilitate resource mobilization from various sources such as global trust funds, bilateral donors, and the private sector. Facilitate information sharing and dialogue within the donor community.
4. Production and dissemination of lessons learnt across the portfolio and ensuring effective cross-project and cross-unit knowledge fertilization: Support knowledge generation and knowledge sharing based on programme/project experiences, and, when appropriate, make contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice. Compile key sources of information and best practices for projects and thematic issues within the portfolio and facilitate access to this information by programme and project staff and other relevant counterparts. Maintain knowledge and advocacy networks which are linked to thematic issues or projects within the portfolio. prepare briefs, talking points, and other documents as required by UNDP Headquarters, UN agencies and other stakeholders. Ensure that key programme and project results data and promotional material are available to showcase the progress, achievements and impacts of UNDPs work in the SP4N-LAPOR area Conduct training programme for project staff as necessary on UNDP operational/ project policies and procedures. Conducts internal capacity building training for project staff to facilitate appropriate management and timely delivery of project outputs including in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming
5. The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions; Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP; Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production; Differentiated needs of women and men are considered; Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created; Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced
Description of Competency at Level Required (For more comprehensive descriptions please see the competency inventory)
Core Innovation Ability to make new and useful ideas work Level 4: Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully
Leadership Ability to persuade others to follow Level 4: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
People Management Ability to improve performance and satisfaction Level 4: Models independent thinking and action
Communication & Relationship Management Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform Level 4: Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
Delivery Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement Level 4: Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services
Results Based Management Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Monitoring and Evaluation Knowledge of methodologies, assessment tools, systems and apply practical experience in planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting and ability to apply to practical situations Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Quality Assurance Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Collaboration and Partnership Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside (Programmes/projects) or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support. Sets overall direction for the formation and management of strategic relationships contributing to the overall positioning of UNDP Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Learning and Development Knowledge of enterprise learning and development issues, concepts, and principles, and ability to apply them to enhance the fulfillment and performance of employees Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Gender Issues and Analysis Knowledge of gender issues and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations, including analysis of projects from a gender perspective Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Advocacy and Activations Ability to design and implement strategic short/long term campaigns and carry out customized activations to highlight UNDP's position and support issue based advocacy Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Influencing and Agenda setting Ability to inspire all cross cutting communication colleagues to be innovative, especially at challenging new tasks and giving colleagues the freedom to explore and do things differently. Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Minimum Masters Degree or Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Science, Social Science or related field.
Experience: Minimum 2 years for Masters Degree or 6 years for Bachelors Degree of relevant hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments. Experience including analytical work, programme/project development in the areas of public services, public management, public policy and international development Experience working with the private sector, CSO, universities will be highly desirable Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, and handling of web based management systems will be an advantage. Knowledge of UN/UNDPs rules and procedures would be desirable but not essential. Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia in both writing and speaking.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web Jakarta Indonesia
Technical Officer Public Outreach & Advocacy for SP4N-LAPOR Jakarta United Nations Development Programme Jakarta