Commissioning Support Engineer Glasgow Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Aberdeen orInverness
Salary: £41,307 - £54,556 + car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible Working Options Available
What is the Role?
Due to a period of growth, SSEN Transmission has an opportunity for an experienced Commissioning Support Engineer.
1. Lead the Transmission Project Teams through the commissioning process to ensure that projects are delivered safely onto the network in line with SHE Transmission commissioning policy and procedures. You'll check that commissioning activities meet the needs of the network as well as National Grid licensing obligations.
2. Ensuring that all commissioning requirements are considered and delivered at every stage of a project, you will be involved at project inception through to final handover to Operations.
3. You'll analyse project layouts and designs, alongside other... transmission engineers, to establish the configuration which best meets transmission objectives to provide timely delivery of projects whilst maintaining security of the network.
4. Work with engineering teams to develop project build sequence diagrams, covering how projects will be delivered, identifying: key dates, outage requirements, interim running arrangements and interfaces with the HV Transmission and Distribution systems.
5. You'll participate in safety and design reviews to coordinate commissioning activities with project managers and the engineering teams in the delivery of transmission capital and revenue projects. You will also be expected to chair project Commissioning Panels.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. Be educated to HND (or HNC with appropriate experience) and have experience of working in a HV Transmission environment.
2. A proven track record within the industry and experience of design, installation, operational and commissioning activities across Transmission voltages.
3. Ability to deliver high quality work in a demanding project environment and have experience in leading a team and the ability to be able to coordinate and motivate project teams through Commissioning Panel meetings and with stakeholders.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check Glasgow UK
Commissioning Support Engineer Glasgow SSE PLC Glasgow