ICT Teacher 2020-2021 Hangzhou Teaching Opportunities with Wellington College in China
Wellington College China has schools in Hangzhou, Shanghai and Tianjin. Our schools, for pupils aged 2 to 18, are expanding rapidly, so we are looking for talented teachers in most subjects. We offer attractive packages and prioritise teachers professional and career development. The Wellington schools in China all have world-class facilities and resources.
Wellington College Hangzhou is seeking an experienced ICT Teacher. The ICT Teacher provides high quality education to the pupils based on the Wellington College philosophy and ethos. The ICT Teacher must support each individual pupils growth and development, encouraging them as Wellingtonians to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. The ICT teacher must demonstrate an understanding of the wider curriculum and administration needs of the school, and achieve high standards by responding professionally, sensitively and... caringly to the needs of the pupils.
The teacher will:
teach a class of pupils, and ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs;
maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom;
contribute to constructive team-building amongst teaching and non-teaching staff, parents and governors;
manage, monitor and direct staff as appropriate.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of ICT curriculum at Wellington College Hangzhou. The College is looking for a candidate who would relish the challenge of establishing the subject in a new school.
The ICT teacher will have the responsibility for the planning and teaching of the subject to the designated class. The teacher will ensure that the subject is delivered in a way that provides coverage, progression and continuity. The teacher will also be required to carry out other such duties as the Head of IT may reasonably direct from time to time. He/she is expected to display the highest standards of professionalism in his/her teaching and in his/her relationships with colleagues and parents.
The teacher must ensure that an excellent learning environment is provided for the learning of ICT, and that the students develop a positive attitude to the subject within the College. The teacher must present lessons in a structured and co-ordinated manner with due regard to the ability of the students and the curriculum targets of the particular year group.
The teacher will:
1. implement agreed school policies and guidelines;
2. support initiatives decided by the Headteacher and staff;
3. plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks;
4. be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils learning;
5. provide stimulating learning environments, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils;
6. keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and termly planning;
7. report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils;
8. maintain good order and discipline amongst pupils, in accordance with the school's behaviour policy;
9. participate in meetings which relate to the school's management, curriculum, administration or organisation;
10. communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies;
11. lead, organise and direct support staff within the classroom;
12. undertake all reasonable duties when requested by the Senior Leadership Team:
13. act as a point of contact for one home class. Undertaking the normal pastoral duties this entails.
1. Make parents feel welcome and build good relationship with parents.
2. Introduce information regarding to ICT curriculum.
3. Collect information of pupils interests and growth from parents.
4. Stimulate pupils study by making use of parents strengths.
5. Provide consultations and support to parents enquiries.
6. Communicate with parents on a regular basis, as directed by the Head of Primary. and Head of Junior High
7. Attend Parents Meetings as required and provide accurate, honest information regarding the progress of individuals in ICT subject.
8. Report to the parents in the form of regular written reports, and when additionally required by the Head of IT.
Education: Bachelor's degree/Qualified Teacher Status
Desirable: Evidence of additional training and commitment to further professional development. And an English based qualification
Support Wellington Value
Major: ICT or related education majors
Language: English speaker
Working Experience: A minimum of 2 years working experience in teaching ICT
? Knowledge of ICT teaching
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
The teacher should have knowledge and understanding of:
? the theory and practice of providing effectively for the individual needs of all children (e.g. classroom organisation and learning strategies);
? the monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting of pupils progress;
? the principles around Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, SEN and Child Protection;
? the positive links necessary within school and with all its stakeholders;
? high standards of classroom management;
? impact of the learning environment upon children & staff;
? how to ensure children & colleagues stay safe;
? effective teaching and learning styles.
In addition, the teacher might also have knowledge and understanding of:
? knowledge & experience of Read, Write Inc phonic scheme (OUP) /Literacy & Language programmes;
? the links between schools, especially partner schools.
The teacher will be able to:
? Actively promote and demonstrate the Wellington Colleges ethos, values and aims positively,
? use effective strategies to monitor motivation and morale;
? develop good personal relationships within a team;
? establish and develop close relationships with parents and the community;
? communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to a variety of audiences;
? to attend out of hours events;
? work with other adults in the classroom in planning and delivering high quality learning,
? create a happy, challenging and effective learning environment.
In addition, the Class Teacher might also have:
? a strong interest in an appropriate activity that may be a focus in co-curricular activity sessions.
Approachable Committed Enthusiastic Positive Organised Resourceful Team player
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to [email protected] indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
To find out more go to https://www.wellingtoncollege.cn/careers Hangzhou Zhejiang China
ICT Teacher 2020-2021 Hangzhou Huili School Hangzhou Hangzhou