Chinese Language and Literature Teacher Hangzhou Teaching Opportunities with Wellington College in China
Wellington College China has schools in Hangzhou, Shanghai and Tianjin. Our schools, for pupils aged 2 to 18, are expanding rapidly, so we are looking for talented teachers in most subjects. We offer attractive packages and prioritise teachers professional and career development. The Wellington schools in China all have world-class facilities and resources.
Chinese Language and Literature Teacher
To assume responsibility for teaching Chinese in the School, under the direction the Head of Chinese and by following the Wellington College curriculum.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of Chinese curriculum at Huili School Hangzhou. The College is looking for a candidate who would relish the challenge of establishing the subject in a new school.
The Chinese teacher will have the responsibility for the planning and teaching of the subject to the designated class... the content of each lesson being determined by the School curriculum and by the Head of Chinese . The teacher will ensure that the subject is delivered in a way that provides coverage, progression and continuity by effectively working with an international teaching partner. The teacher will also be required to carry out other such duties as the Head of Chinese may reasonably direct from time to time. He/she is expected to display the highest standards of professionalism in his/her teaching and in his/her relationships with colleagues and parents.
The teacher must ensure that an excellent learning environment is provided for the learning of Chinese subject, and that the students develop a positive attitude to the subject within the College. The teacher must present lessons in a structured and co-ordinated manner with due regard to the ability of the students and the curriculum targets of the year group.
Teaching and Learning
1. Contribute to the holistic well-being of all pupils and specifically to those assigned to your individual care.
2. Make all students aware of the Wellington College Mission Statement, values and Identity base including the Eight Aptitudes model of education, their values, aims, and display them in an innovative and informative fashion in the classroom and adjacent corridors.
3. Undertake class management as a class teacher.
4. Complete teaching plans on time and to a high standard.
5. Teach Chinese lessons independently.
6. Participate in curriculum meetings and year level meetings with international and Chinese teachers. Contribute ideas during discussions.
7. Assess regularly the students work by means of formative and formal termly/half-termly assessments, as directed by the Head of Chinese . Communicate with the Head of Chinese regarding any student whose progress or behaviour gives cause for concern.
8. Monitor and evaluate constantly the effectiveness of your own teaching, maintaining good standards of practice and ensuring progression. Work collaboratively and effectively with an International teaching partner.
9. Participate fully in the Staff Appraisal system, with classroom observation of colleagues and a willingness to be personally observed within the classroom. Submit books, records or planning as required for monitoring by colleagues or the Head of Chinese .
10. Be involved in developing, implementing and monitoring all College policies regarding Chinese , and to assist in the necessary documentation pertaining to the subject, where required by the Head of Chinese .
11. Assist with the resourcing of Chinese subject for the school, and work with the Head of Chinese in drawing up the annual order.
12. Apply consistently and diligently the rules of the College in order to maintain discipline, standards of dress and to safeguard the happiness, safety and well-being of all students. To ensure that students know, understand and follow the College rules.
13. Provide opportunities for the community to be involved in pupils and setting success.
1. Make parents feel welcome and build good relationship with parents.
2. Introduce information regarding to School Chinese curriculum.
3. Collect information of pupils interests and growth from parents.
4. Stimulate pupils study by making use of parents strengths.
5. Provide consultations and support to parents enquiries.
6. Share students information provided by parents with co-teachers.
7. Communicate with parents on a regular basis, as directed by the Head of Chinese .
8. Attend Parents Meetings as required and provide accurate, honest information regarding the progress of individuals in Chinese subject.
9. Report to the parents in the form of regular written reports, and when additionally required by the Head of Chinese .
1. Be positive and build good relationship with colleagues.
2. Complete tasks on time.
3. Provide cover for absent colleagues as and when deemed necessary by the Head of Chinese .
4. Play a full role in the weekly extra-curricular activities programme. The programme will take place outside of the prescribed teaching hours, as directed by the Head of Chinese .
5. Make a significant contribution to College assemblies, and newsletters, and by so doing highlight the work carried out by students in the subject.
6. Promote an ethos of equality and equal opportunities for all pupils within the setting.
7. Protect privacy of pupils, pupils families and colleagues.
8. Maintain the highest standards of care, child protection and safeguarding at all times
9. Emphasize the importance of safety and of safe methods of working in the classroom, and indeed in all areas of the College and the curriculum. Communicate to the students that they must take a responsible attitude to equipment and materials, with which they have been provided, and that they will be punished and possibly charged for damage inflicted upon College property.
10. Carry out duties in the School as required and timetabled by the Head of Chinese . This will include playtime supervision, lunchtime supervision and after-school supervision.
11. Maintain, with the rest of the teaching staff, high standards of conduct both in and out of the classroom. Act always in a way that conforms to the College ethos and values, and is in the best interests of the students.
12. Set high expectations and standards for the achievement of pupils and your personal performance.
Education: Bachelors degree, teaching certificate and Chinese Grade II A certificate
Major: Chinese Language and literature or related education majors
Language: Chinese speaker and fluent in English
Working Experience : A minimum of 2 years working experience in teaching Chinese
EXPERTISE · Knowledge of Chinese teaching
· Be able to assess pupils interests, needs and developments
· Be able to develop curriculum
· Open, proactive, patient and caring
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· International and bilingual school working experience is preferred
· Cross-cultural working experience is preferred
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to [email protected] indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
Website: www.wellingtoncollege.cn/huili-hangzhou Hangzhou Zhejiang China
Chinese Language and Literature Teacher Hangzhou Huili School Hangzhou Hangzhou