TA-Health & Nutrition Officer (NO-2), Post # 00116141 (Bhutanese... UNICEF works in some of the worlds toughest places, to reach the worlds most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, [insert tagline]
Health & Nutrition Officer provides professional technical assistance and support for programme/project design, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and administration of programme/project activities, including data analysis, progress reporting, knowledge networking and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with Health & Nutrition programme goals and strategy.
How can you make a difference?
1. Accurate information, data analysis and documentation are timely made available to support situation analysis, sectoral input, and reporting.
2. Technical... assistance are provided to the development and implementation of integrated Health & Nutrition strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partners.
3. Work plan and objectives are effectively established, and planned results are timely delivered through technical support, coordination, and implementation in consultation with all relevant partners.
4. Project efficiency and effectiveness are enhanced through effective implementation follow-up.
5. Project implementation progress is monitored for adjustment and improvement of program delivery and sustainability. Gender sex aggregated data and inputs provided relevant to the Health & Nutrition programme
6. Transparency is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for Health & Nutrition.
7. Effective partnership and working relationships are maintained for advocacy, technical coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking.
Up-to-date programme iinformation is kept available and reports prepared and shared with relevant stakeholders as required to support the Health & Nutrition programme by the effective implementation of integrated monitoring system.
9. Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with
effective coordination are provided and in line with the Core Commitments for Children (CCCs) in Humanitarian Action, partnerships with the Health and Nutrition humanitarian actors strengthened within the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC).
10. Other assigned duties and responsibilities are effectively accomplished.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
Education University degree in Public Health and Nutrition, Medicine, Nursing, Development, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Social Sciences, Child Community Development, or other relevant disciplines. Work Experience A minimum two years of professional experience in programme planning, management, implementation monitoring and evaluation and/or research in health and nutrition programmes. Professional work experience in a programme management function or a technical expert capacity in maternal, new-born, child health, immunization and nutrition programme. National level and field work experience on maternal, new-born, child health, immunization and nutrition programme. Background/familiarity with Emergency preparedness and responses for health and nutrition programme. Language Proficiency: Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station .
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
Core Competencies (Required)
Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1)
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
Works Collaboratively with Others (2)
Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
Drive to achieve impactful results (2)
Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
Functional Competencies (Required)
Applying Technical Expertise (2)
Learning and Researching (2)
Planning and Organizing (2)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEFs values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
The duration of this TA position for - Health and Nutrition Officer NO2 will be for 364 days only from the date of appointment and no extension is expected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process Bhutan undefined undefined
TA-Health & Nutrition Officer (NO-2), Post # 00116141 (Bhutanese... United Nations Children's Fund Bhutan