Dietitian on Melbourne Melbourne VIC Dietitian | Grade 2
- Permanent Part Time
- Adult Inpatient Mental Health
- Join a brand new AOD/MH integrated service delivery model
- Work close to home, schools, shops and public transport at Box Hill Hospital
Eastern Health is one of Melbournes largest public health services. We are a values-based organisation committed to research and teaching, and have strong affiliations with Australias top universities. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
Applications are being sought from suitably qualified and skilled Dietitians with alcohol and other drug (AOD), and mental health (MH) backgrounds. At Eastern Health, were excited to announce were... rolling out a new service delivery model, an integrated unit that will incorporate support for AOD and MH consumers. It is the first of its kind in Victoria. This brand new service delivery model would ideally suit those with dual diagnosis capability and who would bring ideas, enthusiasm, passion and an ethos of patient-centred care to the new team.
1 East at Box Hill Hospital is a lower acuity mental health inpatient unit collocated with 8 detox and withdrawal beds. A new allied health team will work with MH consumers and may be required to provide support to AOD consumers. They will report to the NUM, who will report to Mental Health Director of Nursing. Dietetic professional governance will be provided through the EH Dietetic professional structure and senior leadership.
- Eligibility for membership of the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA) and the Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) program.
- Dual diagnosis experience within Australia (desirable)
- An empathetic and personable demeanour
- A strong commitment to high quality recovery focussed care
- The ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence Melbourne VIC Australia
Dietitian on Melbourne Melbourne VIC Eastern Health Melbourne VIC