Blood tests are used to measure or examine cells, chemicals, proteins, or other substances in the blood. Blood testing, also known as blood work, is one of the most common types of lab tests. Blood work is often included as part of a regular checkup. Blood tests are also used to:
- Help diagnose certain diseases and conditions
- Monitor a chronic disease or condition, such as diabetes or high cholesterol
- Find out if treatment for a disease is working
- Check how well your organs are working. Your organs include your liver, kidneys, heart, and thyroid.
- Help diagnose bleeding or clotting disorders
- Find out if your immune system is having trouble fighting infections
Our facility in New Jersey provides an array of services in diagnostic blood testing and so much more. All testing is done in-house, which increases turnaround time. Looking at the patient’s susceptibility of illness on a genetic level provides physicians with greater insight to improving patient care. Our state of the art instrumentation and highly skilled and licensed technologists provide quality results and consultation. Call us to make an appointment: (908) 4879403.