For over six decades, customer service has come first at Marson & Marson Lumber. It’s a commitment that started in Leavenworth – the Marson family’s flagship store, which went through a major remodel in in December of 2017.
Since 1955, the goal of Marson & Marson Lumber has been to bring high-quality products to the people that need them. It all started more than six decades ago, after the close of the Korean War, and with it, the end of Gordon Marson’s naval service and the beginning of his life with Marydell Hoxworth. Focused on becoming farmers, the two married and then moved to the Chumstick Valley, near Gordon’s Danish-immigrant parents.
In pursuit of fencing material for their livestock, Gordon made frequent trips to Leavenworth for goods. But before long, friends and neighbors were asking Gordon to bring them lumber, too. After several treks over the mountain and many “orders” filled, the Marsons knew they could provide a much-needed service to the people in their community and work with high-quality products they could truly stand behind.
Before long, they had bought a parcel of land – where the Leavenworth Marson & Marson location still resides today – and set up shop to make a go of their very own lumber business. Ken Marson Jr. was just nine months old.
After growing the Leavenworth location for nearly 40 years, in the early 1990s Ken Jr. began seizing on opportunities for expansion, and three additional locations were added to the Marson Lumber family: Wenatchee (1996), Chelan (2001), and Cle Elum (2005). Thanks to the development of the new locations, the Marsons found themselves supplying lumber, hardware, and building materials to the entire North Central Washington region.
Copyrights © 2016 Fonolive. All Rights Reserved.