Accumulation creosote on the flue walls increases the risk of house fire considerable. In fact, thousands of house fires are caused by creosote build-ups in chimneys every year. Fire is one of the most serious perils which can affect a home. It poses extreme danger to people and property. Another problem with fire starting due to the combustion of creosote is that this substance is toxic and can cause serious irritation to the skin and eyes and possibly mental confusion.
With proper chimney cleaning and maintenance, the risk of fire can be reduced to the lowest possible minimum. As a result, lives can be saved and property can be preserved. These are important enough reasons for taking the required measures. You will enjoy the fireplace even more when you know that everyone around is safe.
Chimney cleaning is needed to remove any kind of blockages and the creosote that has buildup inside the chimney, firebox, damper, smoke chamber, and other places. This will ensure that your fireplace keeps working at the highest efficiency and there is no danger of fire.